Why Dead Animal Removal in Torrance is Necessary
Torrance, known for beautiful cultural centers, farmers markets, and museums, thrives as a community. It’s a great place for families to watch their children grow and learn about the world. As part of the effort to keep our community safe, dead animal removal in Torrance is necessary.
Removing dead animals properly is essential. Any rotting carcass can already be or may become diseased as it decays. Bugs can feast on the flesh and then carry the disease with them. Not to mention that you don’t want other animals or kids near the dead creature. It’s unsightly, smells, but most importantly, it can be a health hazard. That’s not something the Torrance community wants.
Properly Disposing of Dead Animal Corpses
There are several ways to handle dead animal removal in Torrance. If it’s a small animal, such as a mouse or rat that you may have caught in a trap, then you can easily dispose of it. Still, you want to make sure you’re careful because rodents can spread disease. For small rodents, you can follow these steps for easy and safe dead animal disposal.
- Wear rubber gloves to prevent physical contact.
- Spray the dead carcass and surrounding area with bleach/water mixture or disinfectant.
- Place the dead rodent in a plastic, airtight, sealable bag.
- Throw the sealed bag in an outside garbage can.
- Clean and disinfect the original area if inside/necessary.
- Dispose of the rubber gloves and wash your hands thoroughly.
Even removing small dead animals requires caution. When it’s a larger carcass, you may be better off employing a company that handles each step for you.
How to Respectfully Take Care of a Family Pet Once It Passes
When a pet passes away, it’s a grieving process. Our dogs, cats, or other animals are part of the family. That means we want to handle them with care. The first instinct is to bury a pet in the backyard, but that’s not always the best option. We want to keep our pets close, but burying dead animals in the yard can be a hazard as the body decomposes.
Instead, a better option may be a nearby pet cemetery. You can visit your pet as often as you like, and not have to worry about any issues in the backyard. Besides, if you move to a new home, you won’t be able to easily transfer the deceased pet.
Another option is cremation. Many vets and other places offer cremation services for your pet, along with a specialized urn. This is a safer alternative and allows you to bring your pet with you wherever you may go in the future. A good idea is to speak with your local vet about your options.
What to Do When You Need Help Disposing of a Dead Animal
When you need help disposing of a dead animal in Torrance, then it’s time to call a company that can help. There may be many situations that require this including:
- You find a stray animal, such as a dog or cat, dead in the neighborhood.
- A wild animal such an Opossum or raccoon dies in or near your yard.
- There is a rotting smell coming from somewhere inside your house. This could imply that rodents, bats, or other wildlife found their way in your home. If they died in the walls or attic, they could be responsible for the smell.
- When an animal is too large for you to handle on your own.
- When other animals are surrounding the dead carcass, such as vultures or other scavengers.
Locating a company to remove dead animals in Torrance is a safer alternative. The professionals will be able to handle any and all situations, including clean up. This takes the stress off you and makes sure it’s done right.
Maintaining a Safe and Healthy Torrance Community
Torrance is a beautiful, thriving community. It has lovely views, amazing events, and wonderful people. That’s why it’s important to help maintain the area with dead animal removal. Having rotting wildlife on the side of the road is unsightly and it’s not safe for the kids who may be around.
Having the right information is key when disposing of dead animals in Torrance. Removing rotting and diseased wildlife helps keep the community safe and healthy. Whether this is in a public place or your home, dead animal removal is best left to the experts.